Our Toddler group meets Tuesdays 10.00 – 11.30am, term time only. 75p per family – but your first session is FREE! We have two rooms of action and activities plus crafts, puzzles and books.
Parents can also join our group on Facebook. Search for Speckled Frogs Toddler Group at Shirley Baptist Church
The Toddler Group Team
Rachel has been helping in the group since her 2 girls were small; they are now at university!
Jo is employed by the church to work with children and families.
Jen has “graduated” to our leadership team now that both her children are at school!
Sara has been part of the team over the last few years and now brings her granddaughter to the group.
Marie also used to be involved in the group as a Mum and now with her children at school, she helps to serve our refreshments.
Sheila and Les are available to serve drinks in the Link from 9.15am before the group officially starts.
All the team give their time voluntarily, mostly as part of their involvement at Shirley Baptist Church. The team meet before the session starts to pray together. We would be more than happy to pray specifically for you and your family – just ask! Jo is available outside of Toddler Group sessions if you would like someone to talk to.
- There are nappy changing facilities in the Accessible Toilet and potties in both the Ladies’ and Gents’ Toilets. A changing mat is also available on the stage.
- Where ever possible please leave empty prams & pushchairs in the church. Sleeping babies may be brought into the main room in their prams.
- If you have any problems or comments, or if there is any way in which we may be able to help you, then please speak to one of our leaders.
- The Church has a Child Protection Policy which is on display in the entrance to the Spurgeon Hall.
We hope that you and your child(ren) will enjoy many happy times with our group. However, to try and ensure that everyone has a good and safe time, we do have some very simple but essential rules that we ask you to keep:
- Please register on arrival
- Please supervise your own child(ren) at all times. If for any reason you need to leave one child to attend to another please ask someone to watch them for you. Any of the leaders will be happy to help!
- We have a strict no smoking, no swearing and no corporal punishment policy.
Toddler Group News
- Toddler Group Summer Sessions (7/10/2017) - We have two summer sessions planned: Tuesday 8 August - Meet in St James Park 10-11.30 am Tuesday 29 August - Meet in the Halls 10-11.30 am Older siblings welcome to join us for these dates.