Hi everyone, welcome to Day 13 of 21 days of prayer and today we are going to pray for local compassion.
Paul was faithful to go wherever God called him, knowing his life might be in danger and that he would often face rejection because of his beliefs. It was an adventure to follow Jesus, and it still is today. However, that thought of not knowing often holds us back. It is fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of rejection, fear of failure. It is this insecurity that holds us back from the call to go.
But what happens when we do take that leap of faith? We see how Paul living and proclaiming the love of Jesus boldly and fearlessly caused the church to grow from it’s 120-person roots to a movement that stretches across the globe. Each day we have the opportunity to follow this call, not knowing what will happen, but living by faith to make a difference in our homes, community of Shirley, and the world. Please pray too, for The Friday Friendship Club and the Luncheon Club.
Pray for local compassion
Read Acts 18:23-20:38
“And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there.” – Acts 20:22 NIV
[Upward] What did this passage reveal to you about God? Praise him for being that God.
[Inward] What did this passage bring up in you? Be honest with God about your questions and shortcomings, your fears and desires.
[Outward] What does this passage call me to in relationship to others in my world? Ask God to help you take your place in the new chapter of the Book of Acts that is being written in your life today.
If you would like to receive 21 days of prayer as a daily email then you can sign up by clicking here.
Have you missed a day?
If you’ve missed a day then click on the links below to see the day you have missed.
- Day 18 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 17 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 16 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 15 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 14 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 13 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 12 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 11 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 10 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 9 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 8 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 7 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 6 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 5 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 4 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 3 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Day 2 on 21 Days of Prayer
- Welcome to day 1 of 21 Days of Prayer